Vito Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vito Owners Club

Mercedes vito, viano owners club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Desperate newbie, problem with an 02 108CDi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VitoVic

Desperate newbie, problem with an 02 108CDi Empty
PostSubject: Desperate newbie, problem with an 02 108CDi   Desperate newbie, problem with an 02 108CDi EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Recently drove up to my parents place in Hatfield. On the way water pump gave out but managed to complete the journey although really low on fuel as well but wasn't going to stop just in case it wouldn't start again.
Changing water pump was a huge pain. Tried getting the thing out from the top of the engine, removing various hoses and undoing the engine mounts on drivers side and slowly jacking the engine up but no luck. Eventually removed crank pully wheel and it dropped out that way.
So new pump on and everything back together. Topped up diesel via a can and it started first time and sounds fine. Problem is if you press accelerator the response is uneven unless you press very slowly. When driving it's producing a lot of smoke and no acceleration. so I'm guessing the mixture (air/ fuel) is wrong. I've retraced my steps made sure all is connected nothing loose etc. I've obviously upset something any ideas?????? I'm careful when I work on the van and it doesn't appear to be making any unusual noises.
Any help would be gratefully recieved, thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
VitoVic

Desperate newbie, problem with an 02 108CDi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desperate newbie, problem with an 02 108CDi   Desperate newbie, problem with an 02 108CDi EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Just to keep you updated. Mobile mechanic has visited. Nothing showing on fault codes. He believes it's something simple, loose hose or split and looking now.
Back to top Go down

Desperate newbie, problem with an 02 108CDi
Page 1 of 1